Seminar Social Robotics WS 2014/2015
(Picture from http://spectrum.ieee.org)
The goal of this seminar is to study different aspects of the topic "social robotics". Robots can be very useful to us in various social environments. They can
- serve us at home, prepare coffee, entertain, talk and dance
- be useful in healthcare at hospitals
- support us for therapeutic purposes
- support independent living at retirement villages
This seminar will focus on the current advances in the area of social robotics.
Time and Room
- Location: G29-036,
- Time: 11:15-12:45
- October 13th: Introduction and Organization
- October 20th: How to give a technical talk? Topics are fixed.
- November 10th: Presentation 1 (3 slides)
December 1st: Presentation 2 (5 slides)
January 19 or February 2: End presentations -> with FHW
- November 3rd
- November 24th
- December 15th
In the first session of the seminar, there will be a short introduction about social robotics and different topics for the seminar will be introduced. There will be informal weekly discussion-meetings in which the students discuss about their selected topics and open issues. At the end of the semester, the students present their topics in 30-minute talks, all in a one-day meeting, which will be open to the students from the Institute for social and educational sciences.
The students must give a 30-Minute talk about their selected topics and write a report of 10 to 15 pages.